Do you know Songza? It’s an online radio site, with the fun feature of guiding you to a station based on the time of day, plus a few questions to gauge your mood. You also have the option to pick a genre station directly- they have tons, and a bunch in Spanish! Lately I’ve been enjoying their “Latin Pop Hits” station. I like to listen on my planning period, and jot down song titles when I hear one I think my students will like. It’s been a good way for me to stay up to date on Spanish music, and makes grading so much more fun!
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Corners: Take vocabulary practice out of the classroom!
- Teaching Time With Picture Cards
- Fresh start: First day of Spanish 2
- Mi día en la escuela: Comparing Class Schedules
- Stations: Practice and perfect!
- Logistics for La Persona Especial
- 10 Ways to Use a Song in Spanish Class
- A mí me gusta Frozen...¿y a tí?
- Stamp Sheets Part 1: Pros & Cons
- Stations: Descriptions Unit
- Class Activities
- Class Decor
- Classroom Management & Organization
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Grad School
- Ideas by topic
- Music in Spanish Class
- Planning for Learning
- Sp 1 Unit 1: Greetings/goodbyes/ numbers/calendar
- Sp 1 Unit 2: Who am I?
- Sp 1 Unit 3: What do you like to do?
- Sp 1 Unit 4: En la escuela
- Sp 1 Unit 5: ¿Qué te gusta comer?
- Sp 1: Family
- Sp 1: Weather
- Spanish 2
- Teaching Reflections
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- No Pink Ribbons
- Journey to Health: Caring for my Mind, Body, & Spirit
- Pottery by Lisa
- This is how we learn Spanish...
- Señora Speedy
- A French Affair: reflections on my teaching
- PBL in the TL
- Be Irregular / Soyez irrégulier
- Somewhere to Share
- Lenolandia: El mundo de la Sra. Lenord - Blog
- Teaching Spanish w/ Comprehensible Input
- Jalen's Teaching Blog
- The Comprehensible Classroom
- Mis Clases Locas
- The Divergent Spanish Teacher
- The Slanted Apostrophe
- Creative Language Class
- Las clases de Stilson
- Acquisition Abounds
- Comprehensifying and Extending Authentic Resources
- Bryce Hedstrom – TPRS Materials & Training
- My generation of polyglots
- More Spanish
- Kristy Placido
- Language Sensei
- It's time to..GET YOUR LEARNING ON!
- This Teacher Sweats Glitter
- Maris Hawkins
- Bryan Kandel TPRS
- Follow Lugar para pensar on WordPress.com