Reviewing our basic phrases with Bob and Squishy. I LOVE Sara-Elizabeth Cottrell’s “First Unit of Spanish 1” unit plans! I have to follow our department’s curriculum but her lesson plans let me start off the year with a comprehensible input BANG while still satisfying the department requirements.
- Also, I love those speech bubbles. Spent waaaaay too much time getting them, the textboxes, and the animation perfect! Here’s the presentation, the template is on page 7.
- I love stations! I repeated these station lesson plans from last year…so much easier this time around! Also easier with my new classroom and having space to organize materials!
Basic “to-do” list on board, asterisks for what requires something to be written down, and a note on where to find instructions for each task.
- I love having clothespins hot glued all over my walls:
Grab a bag & take it back to your desks.
- I love seeing my kiddos playing with the blocks AND following the instructions!
I set a time limit on the blocks station… it worked well this year. Had issues last year with kids complaining about not getting the blocks because one group hogged them.
- I love that I saved my example paragraph from last year, and COULD FIND IT when I needed it! Also, I love that I had all the instructions typed up and could actually find them on my computer! Hooray organization!
- I love the enthusiasm of brand new Spanish 1 students! And I LOVE hearing them practice with each other!
I love how organized I am the first week of school…even had a box with extra handouts for the week on the shelf below.
- I love my Spanish books. And I LOVE seeing my students look through them!
Switched gears after 1st period and bagged up books in gallon zip locks for Spanish 2 to use in a cognate lesson.
- I don’t love reviewing grammar in Spanish 2…but I loved doing conjugation practice in a walk-about with these prompts posted on the walls!
Rules: 1. Write a verb in the correct form that makes sense in the sentence. 2. Don’t repeat any verb another student has already written. 3. Be creative! Be wordy! Be FUNNY!
And I love that my department head bought me all this beautiful construction paper!
- And last of all…I love the honeymoon phase. Happy back-to-school, y’all.