I have been going back through my saved posts on feedly and finding all sorts of teaching treasures. Here’s a post Mike Peto wrote last year on using animated GIFs for movie talk. He has a whole downloadable file of funny GIFs you could use. I am teaching on block schedule for the first time and I think these would make a great brain break or end-of-class filler! My default program doesn’t play the GIF, but shows each individual frame. I think this view would work well for slowing down and delaying the punchline, and then I can open with google chrome in order to actually play the clip.
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Corners: Take vocabulary practice out of the classroom!
- Fresh start: First day of Spanish 2
- Stations: Practice and perfect!
- Authentic Audio: Me gusta/No me gusta
- A mí me gusta Frozen...¿y a tí?
- Teaching Time With Picture Cards
- Mi día en la escuela: Comparing Class Schedules
- Stations: Descriptions Unit
- Authentic audio: Mis clases
- 10 Ways to Use a Song in Spanish Class
- Class Activities
- Class Decor
- Classroom Management & Organization
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Grad School
- Ideas by topic
- Music in Spanish Class
- Planning for Learning
- Sp 1 Unit 1: Greetings/goodbyes/ numbers/calendar
- Sp 1 Unit 2: Who am I?
- Sp 1 Unit 3: What do you like to do?
- Sp 1 Unit 4: En la escuela
- Sp 1 Unit 5: ¿Qué te gusta comer?
- Sp 1: Family
- Sp 1: Weather
- Spanish 2
- Teaching Reflections
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- No Pink Ribbons
- Journey to Health: Caring for my Mind, Body, & Spirit
- Pottery by Lisa
- This is how we learn Spanish...
- Señora Speedy
- A French Affair: reflections on my teaching
- PBL in the TL
- Be Irregular / Soyez irrégulier
- Somewhere to Share
- Lenolandia: El mundo de la Sra. Lenord - Blog
- Teaching Spanish w/ Comprehensible Input
- Jalen's Teaching Blog
- The Comprehensible Classroom
- Mis Clases Locas
- The Divergent Spanish Teacher
- The Slanted Apostrophe
- Creative Language Class
- Las clases de Stilson
- Acquisition Abounds
- Comprehensifying and Extending Authentic Resources
- Bryce Hedstrom | TPRS & Comprehensible Input Training Comprehension Based Instruction TPRS Materials.
- My generation of polyglots
- More Spanish
- Kristy Placido
- Language Sensei
- It's time to..GET YOUR LEARNING ON!
- This Teacher Sweats Glitter
- Maris Hawkins
- Bryan Kandel TPRS
- Follow Lugar para pensar on WordPress.com