Every time I try a new CI technique, I get very nervous. Will it bomb? Will I forget what to say? Will the kids participate? What if they refuse? What if it falls flat? So with a bit of fear, trembling, and a pair of sweaty palms, today I tried my first Persona Especial interview in Spanish 2 (we’re on a block schedule so this was the third day of class). The verdict? Success!!!!! I used this slideshow and student form shared by Kara Jacobs. Students filled out the form on the first day of class, and my estrella used his during the interview. I projected the slideshow so I wouldn’t forget the questions, and the pictures helped with comprehension. I picked a kid I was 90% sure would be successful to go first, and one I thought the class would perceive positively. I also got his permission before I called him up, and slipped him a reward coupon at the end (in retrospect, that might not have been necessary). We got lots of reps for question words, learned some interesting personalized vocabulary, and we all got to know our estrella a bit better. I reviewed the details with the class throughout the interview, and made a slideshow about him for review tomorrow. After I interview a few more students, I’ll put together a quiz based on what we learned!
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Time With Picture Cards
- Stations: Practice and perfect!
- Four Corners: Take vocabulary practice out of the classroom!
- 10 Ways to Use a Song in Spanish Class
- More Practice with Questions
- Stations: Descriptions Unit
- Embed a Timer in Google Slides
- 4 Variations on Weekend Chat
- Fresh start: First day of Spanish 2
- Class Activities
- Class Decor
- Classroom Management & Organization
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Grad School
- Ideas by topic
- Music in Spanish Class
- Planning for Learning
- Sp 1 Unit 1: Greetings/goodbyes/ numbers/calendar
- Sp 1 Unit 2: Who am I?
- Sp 1 Unit 3: What do you like to do?
- Sp 1 Unit 4: En la escuela
- Sp 1 Unit 5: ¿Qué te gusta comer?
- Sp 1: Family
- Sp 1: Weather
- Spanish 2
- Teaching Reflections
- Travel & Study Abroad
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- No Pink Ribbons
- Pottery by Lisa
- This is how we learn Spanish...
- Señora Speedy
- A French Affair: reflections on my teaching
- PBL in the TL
- Be Irregular / Soyez irrégulier
- Somewhere to Share
- Lenolandia: El mundo de la Sra. Lenord - Blog
- Teaching Spanish w/ Comprehensible Input
- Jalen Waltman's Complete Lesson Plans
- The Comprehensible Classroom
- Mis Clases Locas
- The Divergent Spanish Teacher
- The Slanted Apostrophe
- Creative Language Class
- Las clases de Stilson
- Acquisition Abounds
- Comprehensifying and Extending Authentic Resources
- Bryce Hedstrom – TPRS Materials & Training
- My generation of polyglots
- More Spanish
- Kristy Placido
- Language Sensei
- It's time to..GET YOUR LEARNING ON!
- This Teacher Sweats Glitter
- Maris Hawkins
- Bryan Kandel TPRS
- Follow Lugar para pensar on WordPress.com