Who’s headed to SCOLT? Me! I am very excited to be representing Georgia as “Best of Flag” with my presentation #AuthRes for the Novice Language Learner. If you caught me at FLAG/SCOLT last year, it will be much the same, but I have updated and added a few things. Check out my slides below, or click here to open in a new tab. I’m sharing tons of links to my favorite sources for finding beginner-appropriate authentic resources, as well as activities to go along with them. I’m also sharing three “ready to go” authres activities that I’ve used with my own students on leisure activities, school, and clothing.I will be presenting Saturday morning at 8:00 – I would love to see you there!
Top Posts & Pages
- Stations: Practice and perfect!
- Four Corners: Take vocabulary practice out of the classroom!
- More Practice with Questions
- Stations: Descriptions Unit
- What I'm Learning in Grad School: CI Demo
- 10 Ways to Use a Song in Spanish Class
- 4 Variations on Weekend Chat
- Teaching Time With Picture Cards
- Textbook Unit Breakdown: Realidades 1, Chapter 4b
- Mi día en la escuela: Comparing Class Schedules
- Class Activities
- Class Decor
- Classroom Management & Organization
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Grad School
- Ideas by topic
- Music in Spanish Class
- Planning for Learning
- Sp 1 Unit 1: Greetings/goodbyes/ numbers/calendar
- Sp 1 Unit 2: Who am I?
- Sp 1 Unit 3: What do you like to do?
- Sp 1 Unit 4: En la escuela
- Sp 1 Unit 5: ¿Qué te gusta comer?
- Sp 1: Family
- Sp 1: Weather
- Spanish 2
- Teaching Reflections
- Travel & Study Abroad
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- No Pink Ribbons
- Journey to Health: Caring for my Mind, Body, & Spirit
- Pottery by Lisa
- This is how we learn Spanish...
- Señora Speedy
- A French Affair: reflections on my teaching
- PBL in the TL
- Be Irregular / Soyez irrégulier
- Somewhere to Share
- Lenolandia: El mundo de la Sra. Lenord - Blog
- Teaching Spanish w/ Comprehensible Input
- Jalen's Teaching Blog
- The Comprehensible Classroom
- Mis Clases Locas
- The Divergent Spanish Teacher
- The Slanted Apostrophe
- Creative Language Class
- Las clases de Stilson
- Acquisition Abounds
- Comprehensifying and Extending Authentic Resources
- Bryce Hedstrom – TPRS Materials & Training
- My generation of polyglots
- More Spanish
- Kristy Placido
- Language Sensei
- It's time to..GET YOUR LEARNING ON!
- This Teacher Sweats Glitter
- Maris Hawkins
- Bryan Kandel TPRS
- Follow Lugar para pensar on WordPress.com