I am super excited to be headed to #SCOLT18 tomorrow! Here are the slides for my session, #AuthRes for the Novice Language Learner. I’m sharing tons of links to my favorite sources for finding beginner-appropriate authentic resources, as well as activities to go along with them. I’m also sharing three “ready to go” authres activities that I’ve used with my own students on leisure activities, school, and clothing. If you’ll be at SCOLT, I will be presenting Saturday at 9:00 – hope to see you there!
Top Posts & Pages
- Four Corners: Take vocabulary practice out of the classroom!
- Teaching Time With Picture Cards
- Stations: Practice and perfect!
- Stations: Descriptions Unit
- 10 Ways to Use a Song in Spanish Class
- Mi día en la escuela: Comparing Class Schedules
- 4 Variations on Weekend Chat
- Authentic Audio: Me gusta/No me gusta
- More Practice with Questions
- Textbook Unit Breakdown: Realidades 1, Chapter 4b
- Class Activities
- Class Decor
- Classroom Management & Organization
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Grad School
- Ideas by topic
- Music in Spanish Class
- Planning for Learning
- Sp 1 Unit 1: Greetings/goodbyes/ numbers/calendar
- Sp 1 Unit 2: Who am I?
- Sp 1 Unit 3: What do you like to do?
- Sp 1 Unit 4: En la escuela
- Sp 1 Unit 5: ¿Qué te gusta comer?
- Sp 1: Family
- Sp 1: Weather
- Spanish 2
- Teaching Reflections
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- No Pink Ribbons
- Journey to Health: Caring for my Mind, Body, & Spirit
- Pottery by Lisa
- This is how we learn Spanish...
- Señora Speedy
- A French Affair: reflections on my teaching
- PBL in the TL
- Be Irregular / Soyez irrégulier
- Somewhere to Share
- Language Coaching by Amy Lenord - Blog
- Teaching Spanish w/ Comprehensible Input
- Jalen's Teaching Blog
- The Comprehensible Classroom
- Mis Clases Locas
- The Divergent Spanish Teacher
- The Slanted Apostrophe
- Creative Language Class
- Las clases de Stilson
- Acquisition Abounds
- Comprehensifying and Extending Authentic Resources
- Bryce Hedstrom | TPRS & Comprehensible Input Training Comprehension Based Instruction TPRS Materials.
- My generation of polyglots
- More Spanish
- Kristy Placido
- Language Sensei
- It's time to..GET YOUR LEARNING ON!
- This Teacher Sweats Glitter
- Maris Hawkins
- Bryan Kandel TPRS
- Follow Lugar para pensar on WordPress.com