Who’s headed to SCOLT? Me! I am very excited to be representing Georgia as “Best of Flag” with my presentation #AuthRes for the Novice Language Learner. If you caught me at FLAG/SCOLT last year, it will be much the same, but I have updated and added a few things. Check out my slides below, or click here to open in a new tab. I’m sharing tons of links to my favorite sources for finding beginner-appropriate authentic resources, as well as activities to go along with them. I’m also sharing three “ready to go” authres activities that I’ve used with my own students on leisure activities, school, and clothing.I will be presenting Saturday morning at 8:00 – I would love to see you there!
Top Posts & Pages
- Teaching Time With Picture Cards
- Stations: Practice and perfect!
- Four Corners: Take vocabulary practice out of the classroom!
- 10 Ways to Use a Song in Spanish Class
- More Practice with Questions
- Stations: Descriptions Unit
- Embed a Timer in Google Slides
- 4 Variations on Weekend Chat
- Fresh start: First day of Spanish 2
- Class Activities
- Class Decor
- Classroom Management & Organization
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Grad School
- Ideas by topic
- Music in Spanish Class
- Planning for Learning
- Sp 1 Unit 1: Greetings/goodbyes/ numbers/calendar
- Sp 1 Unit 2: Who am I?
- Sp 1 Unit 3: What do you like to do?
- Sp 1 Unit 4: En la escuela
- Sp 1 Unit 5: ¿Qué te gusta comer?
- Sp 1: Family
- Sp 1: Weather
- Spanish 2
- Teaching Reflections
- Travel & Study Abroad
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- No Pink Ribbons
- Pottery by Lisa
- This is how we learn Spanish...
- Señora Speedy
- A French Affair: reflections on my teaching
- PBL in the TL
- Be Irregular / Soyez irrégulier
- Somewhere to Share
- Lenolandia: El mundo de la Sra. Lenord - Blog
- Teaching Spanish w/ Comprehensible Input
- Jalen Waltman's Complete Lesson Plans
- The Comprehensible Classroom
- Mis Clases Locas
- The Divergent Spanish Teacher
- The Slanted Apostrophe
- Creative Language Class
- Las clases de Stilson
- Acquisition Abounds
- Comprehensifying and Extending Authentic Resources
- Bryce Hedstrom – TPRS Materials & Training
- My generation of polyglots
- More Spanish
- Kristy Placido
- Language Sensei
- It's time to..GET YOUR LEARNING ON!
- This Teacher Sweats Glitter
- Maris Hawkins
- Bryan Kandel TPRS
- Follow Lugar para pensar on WordPress.com